ABHA Health Card Download Online: Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) or health card is launched by the Government of India (GOI) as part of the Ayushman Bharat scheme. The health card is launched under the Ministry of health and family welfare to benefit unprivileged people with medical services. It works on the digitalisation of health services by providing health cards to the citizens in which all the records can be easily accessible to the patient as well as to the doctor.
ABHA health card was launched on 27 September 2021. It provides a 14-digit identification number which can be used all over the country for medical services. Patients can consult any doctor without any geographical restriction and all their medical records will be easily accessible to the doctor by using a health card. It not only secures our medical records but also makes our records manageable and we can share them easily also.
ABHA Health Card
|Name of the Scheme||ABHA Health Card|
|Full Name||Ayushman Bharat Health Account|
|Scheme launch date||27 September 2021|
|Launched by||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare|
|Application fee||Free of cost|
|App||NDHM health records|
Benefits of the ABHA Health Card
The benefits provided by the Ayushman Bharat Health Card (ABHA) for the citizens of India are:
- ABHA health card provides a secure unique identity in which all the medical records of the patient can be saved.
- The patient can consult any doctor from any city by using the health card and the doctor can prescribe to the patient by analysing the medical records provided in the health card.
- During the pandemic, the digitalisation of health services became very important as it decreases contact with the patient and the doctor can become easily accessible to the patient.
- Health cards also keep track of the patient’s illness and are aware of the patient’s medical history.
- Digital linking of the hospitals is also done throughout the country which creates an ecosystem of health services because of which they come together to improve the health services of the country.
- The data under the health card will be accessible to the Government and the programme manager which will help them to formulate policies according to the needs of the country.
- The data provided by the health card can be availed by the researchers also for the research of the medical health of the people and the country.
- The health service will ensure transparency and accountability to the people.
Eligibility for the Ayushman Bharat Health Account
The Government of India has not provided any such eligibility criteria. An Indian citizen can easily apply for a health card. The applicant should have all the documents that will be eligible for the health card. The objective of a health card is to increase the accessibility of health facilities to every part of the country.
How to apply online for the Ayushman Bharat Health Card (ABHA)?
The health card is easily accessible to the beneficiaries. They just need to create an ABHA number on the official website. Applicants who are eligible for the health card can apply for it. While applying for the health card, the applicant should have the following documents:
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving license
- Mobile number
You can also start your digital journey for health care by applying for the ABHA number. The process for applying for an ABHA number is explained in the following steps:
- Visit the official website of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission: https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/
- On the home page of the website, click on ” Create ABHA number”.
- Now click on the “Aadhaar number“.
- If you have a driving license, you can click on it.
- Enter your Aadhaar number.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile number.
- Now, enter your mobile number. Again OTP will be sent to verify your number.
- After verification, a form will appear on your screen in which your personal details will be filled out.
- Submit the form.
- Now, you can download your ABHA number.
Process to Download the ABHA Health Card
After applying for the ABHA health card, applicants can download the health card from the official website. The process of downloading the health card is given below in the following details:
- Visit the same official site where you applied for the health card: https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/
- On the home page, click on login.
- Enter your ABHA number and date of birth.
- All the details will appear on your screen.
- Now, download the health card. This health card can be used in any health service.
Is there any application fee for the health card?
No, there is no application fee for the ABHA health card.
Will our health records be safe under the ABHA health card?
Yes, your health data will be secure. If needed, the government will ask for your permission to access your health data for policy formulation.
What are the documents needed to apply for the health card?
An Aadhaar card, driving license and mobile number is needed to apply for a health card
Are there any age criteria for applying for the health card?
No, there are no age criteria for applying for the health card.