WBJEE 2023 Application Started: On 23 December 2022, West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board started filling out the application form for the UG courses. These courses include engineering, pharmacy and architecture. All eligible candidates are allowed to fill out the online application form. The exam will be conducted on 30 April 2023. The notifications of the exam are available on the official website. The application correction window will also open for applicants who have made mistakes while filling out the form. It is an offline exam. The WBJEE 2023 Application eligibility criteria, educational qualification, age limit, application form fee and other details are provided in the article.
WBJEE 2023 Application Overview
|Name of the exam||WBJEE 2023|
|Full form||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board|
|Category||Engineering entrance exam|
|Name of the courses||Engineering\ Technology, Pharmacy, Architecture and Self-financing engineering|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Release of the application form date||23 December 2022|
|Last date to fill out the application form||20 January 2022|
|Application correction window||22 to 24 January 2022|
|Application Fee||For Unreserved candidates: Rs 500|
For reserved candidates: Rs 400
|Admit card release date||20 April 2023|
|Exam date( tentative)||30 April 2023|
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants should be citizens of India or overseas citizens of India.
- Candidates must have passed the 12th class or its equivalent before 2023 or they should be appearing in the 12th class or equivalent class in 2023.
- Candidates should also have a domicile or residential certificate of the state for admission to the colleges
- There is no upper age limit whereas the lower age limit is 17 as on 31 December 2023.
- A candidate should have been born before 31 December 2016.
- For the marine engineering course, the upper age limit of the candidate should be 25 years as on 31 December 2023.
The WBJEE exam conducts exams not only for engineering courses but also for pharmacy courses, five-year degree courses for architecture, marine engineering and mining engineering. The qualification for these exams changes accordingly. For the detailed academic eligibility criteria go through the notification of the exam. The eligibility criteria of different universities are also provided in the notification.
How to apply online for the WBJEE 2023 Application?
After checking the eligibility criteria of the online application form, candidates can apply for the examination. The list of documents required while applying for the examination form are given below:
- Photograph of the candidate
- Class 10th admit card or birth certificate for the verification of date of birth.
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Domicile or residential certificate
- SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B / PwD/ TFW Category certificates.
Procedure for applying application form
To apply online for the WBJEE 2023 Application the following steps will help you to fill out the form:
- Visit the official website of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEE): https://wbjeeb.nic.in/
- The home page of the website will appear on your screen, click on “Apply for WBJEE – 2023“.
- On the login page, click on “New candidate registration“.
- A page of instructions will appear on your screen, read the instruction and click on “I agree”.
- A registration form will appear on your screen, fill out the form correctly.
- After registration, a login ID will be generated.
- Use the login ID and password to fill out the application form.
- All the details in the application form should be filled in correctly.
- While filling out the form, upload the documents also.
- Check the details of the application form.
- Now deposit the prescribed fee for the application form.
- After completing all the procedures, submit the form.
- After submission of the application form, download or obtain a hard copy of the application form.
WBJEE 2023 Application fee
While applying for the WBJEE, candidates need to deposit a fee for the application form. According to the categories, the fees of the candidates are divided. The details of the fee are shown in the given table:
|SC/ST/ OBC-A/OBC-B||Rs 400|
Candidates availing concessions in the fee from the given category need to submit the respective category certificate. The fee for application fee is not refundable. Candidates depositing fees can use net banking, debit card, credit card and UPI.
Exam pattern of the WBJEE 2023 Application
The tentative date of WBJEE is 30 April 2023. It will be conducted in two stages and the duration of each exam is two hours. In stage I, the mathematics exam will be conducted and in the second stage, the physics and chemistry exams will be conducted. The question paper consists of multiple choice questions(MCQ). In the examination, there is a provision for negative marking also. At the end of the notification, the board provided the syllabus of the examination. Candidates can go through the given syllabus and formulate strategies for the exam accordingly.
|Subject||Total number of questions||Total marks||Duration of the exam|
|Available here||WBJEE 2023 Application Form Notification|
|Application Form Link||WBJEE 2023 Application Form link|
|Follow for Regular Updates||ICDEOLHPU Home page|
Do I have to appear for both papers I and II for the pharmacy course?
No, for pharmacy courses candidates have to appear only for paper II (except for Jadavpur university). The merit list of the course will be based on paper II.
What are the eligibility criteria for Architecture courses in WBJEE 2023 exam?
The eligibility criteria exam for architecture courses are:
1. The candidate should have completed class 12th with 50% marks.
2. The candidate should also qualify for the National Aptitude test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council Of Architecture (COA).
How is the merit list of the WBJEE 2023 exam prepared?
The merit list of the WBJEE exam is divided into two parts:
1. General merit list: This merit list consists of names of candidates for engineering courses, Architecture courses and pharmacy courses for Jadavpur university.
2. Pharmacy merit list: In this merit list names of the candidates applied for the pharmacy course will appear except for Jadavpur university.
Is there any procedure for correction of the application form for the West Bengal JEE exam?
Yes, you can do corrections on the correction window between 22 to 24 January 2023. In the correction window, the candidate can’t correct the primary registration details.